Friday, January 16, 2009

Another victim to a failing economy

Well so today is the beginning of the end for Circuit City. If you don't already know CCity announced last week that they were in talks to sell the remaining assets of the company and if they were unable to do so by January 16th then they would be liquidating the stores. Well the Jan 16th deadline is here and there have been no bids for the red giant and it is now official that they are liquidating their remaining stock and closing their doors. As a former CCity employee of two years this is hitting quite close to home for me as I have many friends that I met through and whom still work at CCity. It's also the place that got me going down the road of life I am currently heading down (Dell IT support, and going to school for computer sciences). No it was not the best company to work for and yeah they do treat their employees like shit (ecspecially in the past 2 years or so) but still they have been around for almost 60 years and if I am not mistaken are the largest retail closing in the US since Montgomery Ward closed in 2001. Sad times indeed. We here at the WYK Blog wish all of you at Circuit City the best, well the store employees anyways, the corporate assholes who ran that company into the ground can all suck it as far as I am concerned.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment